TRAINING YOU NEED
FROM PEOPLE YOU TRUST
Our team of dedicated professionals take time to give you a cutting edge approach to solving the problems you face on a regular basis.
NERC CIP BOOTCAMP | Calgary, Alberta | March 14 - 16, 2017
Book your hotel room at the Calgary Airport Marriott Hotel here
2008 Airport Road NE Calgary Alberta T2E 3B9 Canada
SEATS ARE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 40 REGISTRATIONS
Archer has teamed up with EnergySec’s CIP training experts to sponsor this training event in Calgary, Alberta. EnergySec trainers, with their years of relevant industry experience in cybersecurity and NERC CIP implementation and audits, have developed this bootcamp to prepare you for success in meeting CIP obligations
This course is perfect for both seasoned NERC CIP professionals seeking to broaden and update their knowledge and understanding, as well as those new to NERC CIP who wish to jump start the learning process on these important standards.
Attendees will come away from this event prepared to tackle the challenges in the latest version of the standards, including version 6 and possible future versions. In this course we will:
- Explain the nearly two dozen formally defined terms and other important words and phrases that are still undefined
- Describe the nearly 20 categories of assets to which requirements apply
- Explain the bright line criteria and the three tier (High/Medium/Low) approach to asset classification
- Discuss the new standards in version 6
- Explore changes that in version 6 and likely areas of change in future standards
- Provide references and discussion on the pertinent NERC filings and FERC rulings on these standards
- Deep Dive into the each requirement of each Standard with detailed explanation and discussion of entity obligations and auditor expectations
- Discuss the evidence needed to demonstrate compliance during an audit
Steven Parker, CISA, CISSP, has been engaged in critical infrastructure protection within the energy sector for more than a decade, including eight years as a senior security staff member at PacifiCorp. Mr. Parker was part of the original audit team that established the NERC CIP audit program at the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC). His experience includes a broad range of security disciplines including e-commerce, identity management, intrusion detection, forensics, incident response and investigations, security event monitoring, and NERC CIP compliance.